Weekly Reading Competition
Weekly Reading Competition!
Each week, a book prize is up for grabs to one child in phase 1 and one child in phase 2. You can ask for a book of your choice or a teacher will choose one they think you will like!
This prize will be hand delivered or posted to your house!
To enter, I would like you to take a picture of you and the book you are currently reading and complete an activity linked to your book.
Please complete your entry on paper and take a photo of it and email it to your class teacher using the year group email.
It can be any of the following:
- A book review including a brief summary of the book, what you enjoyed about it and who you would recommend it to
- A book cover/ poster (make sure it is bold and colourful)
- A character description – drawing of your characters and sentences about them
- A written summary of the book
- Book plot ‘map’ – pictures and sentences about what happens in the book
- What happens next? Can you write another chapter for this book?
Week 1 - Reading competition winner!
This week, Eric, in year 5 produced a written summary of the book he had been reading as well as a recommendation of who he thinks would enjoy this book. Eric chose a Lego book which includes 6 awesome Jedi tales.
Below you can see a picture of Eric and watch the video of him reading his book summary.
Week 2 - Phase 1 Winner
This week's phase 1 winner is Zacki, who is in Red class.
Zacki has enjoyed reading the book Fantastic Mr Fox and has created his own blurb and front cover!
Week 2 - Phase 2 Winner
This week's phase 2 winner is Maya from Cream class.
Maya has enjoyed reading the book Cosmic and has designed and made her own front cover for the book- isn't it incredible!
Week 2 - Winners
Week 2 book competition winners, Zacki (Year 3) and Maya (Year 5) have received their new books that they chose. They have both already started reading them and are really enjoying them so far!
Make sure to send your entry to your teacher by Friday morning each week to be in with a chance of winning a new book!