Pride in our school
At Addison Primary School our children are proud to be members of our school and wear our uniform. The uniform has been designed to be practical for a primary school while reflecting the high standards expected at school – it is to be worn with pride at all times.We feel that it is important that children learn to dress smartly and appropriately. They grow up at Addison understanding that most secondary schools and later in life, businesses, require smart, professional dress. We look to parents to work with the school to ensure that children come to school always maintaining a high standard of dress and with at least a minimum of the correct colours in their clothing. We value learning so highly that we do not send children home to change. However, we hope that we do not have to deal with uniform transgressions. Judgements about acceptability of uniform and appearance can only be made by Addison staff and ultimately the Head Teacher.
Reception to Year 6 are expected to wear:
- White, long sleeved, collared shirt
- School v-neck jumper with logo
- School tie
- Trousers/skirt: grey school style trousers, grey pleated skirts
- Shoes: plain black shoes (for safety: no high-heels, platforms, roller shoes or boots).
- Plain white or blue Hijab
- Blue school book bag/rucksack
- Nursery pupils are expected to wear the blue Addison tracksuit with logo.
- Nursery pupils can wear school summer dresses or grey school shorts in Summer Term.
- White long or short sleeved, collared shirt
- School tie
- Grey school, knee length shorts, pleated skirt or trousers - grey socks
- Blue and white checked school dress - white socks or tights
Uniform can be purchased online @ www.stitchdesign.co.uk
Hair and Jewellery
- Hair must be neat and tidy (plaited or in a pony-tail if long).
- Extreme colours or styles that undermine the ethos or discipline of the school will not be permitted.
- No make-up or nail polish is allowed.
- Watches, small stud earrings or religious items required by the child’s faith may be worn.
- No other items of jewellery are allowed.
Children need to wear:
- Plain dark blue PE shorts, a plain white or white Addison PE T-shirt and black plimsolls.
- Blue or black tracksuit bottoms
- The Addison sweatshirt for outdoor games.
- Football strips:
- Wearing any jewellery to school on PE days.
Summer uniform information