Values and Ethos
To give our pupils experiences and opportunities that are beyond the academic. To enable them to grow and become resilient, compassionate, resourceful individuals.
WE AIM TO DO THIS BY:
· Fostering a culture of high aspiration and achievement
· Placing our children firmly at the heart of everything we do and modelling our values
· Inspiring and instilling a love of learning which lasts a lifetime
We help them to become life-long learners by developing transferable skills to equip them to succeed in any endeavour. We believe that every child can fulfil their potential and are committed to children’s wider well-being by:
- developing a love and enjoyment of learning, forming friendships and leaving with fond memories of Addison.
- inspiring each child to become an effective learner and achieve the highest educational standards that they possibly can;
- encouraging children to develop a moral compass and contribute positively to the school and wider community;
- recognising and nurturing each child’s individual talents;
- promoting healthy lifestyles through a range of opportunities in and out of school;
- ensuring attendance at school by working in partnership with our community to value education, promoting the view that effort and achievement lead to self-improvement and fulfilment;
- engaging and helping parents to actively support their children’s learning and development;
- safeguarding children and actively tackling all forms of bullying, discrimination and harassment;
Our moral code
Addison has implemented a strong set of moral codes that all our children embrace. Values such as respect, honesty and perseverance are emphasised within the classroom and good behaviour is positively reinforced. Pupils develop good relationships with their teachers and their peers. They understand that supporting one another, regardless of their age, gender or background is an important aspect of school life.